Saturday 10 November 2007

Subway Substandard

This week, I was banned from Subway in Harrow.

I kid you not. I committed an act so heinous that the only punishment fit for me was outright banning from my local branch of this purveyor of sandwich like edible comestibles.

Why? For using a voucher.

On Tuesday morning, I strolled into Subway looking to buy a bacon sub and coffee with a voucher, letting me have them for £1.50. The troglodyte working there had other ideas of course, as it would obviously nudge down his centralised sales record.

We had a conversation, it went something like this:

Me: Bacon Breakfast sub and coffee please.

Twat: Sure.

(Sub and coffe made, paying at counter.

Twat: That'll be £3.20.

Me: Ah, I have a voucher.

Twat: Nah, you bought the bacon lettuce and tomato, not the bacon breakfast sub.

Me: I asked for a bacon sub, which is on the breakfast menu, I have NO lettuce and tomato in my sub, ergo it is more similar to what I asked for than that which you are trying to convince me it in fact is!

Twat: But I ain't allowed to sell it you yeah, cos I have no eggs or sausages in today.

Me: (Pause. Stares at eggs and sausages.) Well, what are those then?

Twat: The last I have. Sorry, bro.

Me: Ok, nevermind, I'll just use this voucher and have a medium sub, lets see, a bacon breakfast sub, maybe?

Twat: (Realising it's better to just take the first voucher, angry) Sheesh! Fine, have your fucking cheap sub (I pay) Fuck you pal, your fucking banned, do you fucking hear me? Now leave!

Of course, by the time that last bit was yelled out I had indeed left, bemused at the attitude I got.

Subway definately ain't going on my Superfood reclassification campaign. I've been told I ought to appeal as this guy is nuts, but even if I was allowed in, he was such a dodgy individual that I don't trust him to make food for me. How do I know the mayonaise ain't from him, if you get my rather disgusting drift?

Although, as Subway were advertising for part time staff, I was tempted to apply, get the job, and see him ban his co-worker :D

Nevermind, I'm eating at Quiznos from now on :P

No comments: